Thursday, September 24, 2015

Final Day Woes



The military assigned company to pack us up was supposed to come today. We've been planning and working hard all week with preparations that our stuff would be packed up- unable to be touched by us- by today. Only no, now it's next week. That's military life for you. Annoying.

Meanwhile with the high stresses DH and I are starting to crack. We're snippy at each other and tired. Neither of us are sleeping well and both of us are physically tired from the extra work we're putting in during times when we're used to relaxing and unwinding. No time to unwind = higher stressed people. Ugh.

But the optimist in me isn't dead. She's telling me it'll all work out; take a deep breath and don't focus on the bad stuff. What seems like a bad situation could work out for the best in the end. It'll give you more to do to help your days pass by faster. And, of course, this will all be a memory in as little as a week. Some days I wish I could erase that part of me. Some days I annoy myself. 

I cannot escape its truth, though. It'll all work out in the end. So, deep breath, let's focus on getting through the next 2 work days and be content to have a couch 

No comments:

Post a Comment