Friday, September 11, 2015

A Crafty Project Gets (soon to be) Local

During husband's deployment a happy almost 3 years ago I took it upon myself to start a ton of different craft projects. One of the projects I felt inspired for was to take plastic grocery bags, cut them up, and knit them into homeless mats (old blog post here).

As I got into this project I realized the actual amount of time needed just to turn the bags into "yarn", let alone to then knit them, was proving to be more difficult than I intended. Not to mention all the other little craft projects I started. I realized I would never be complete with any of them in any foreseeable future, and that it was time to re-arrange things to a more manageable structure. That meant chucking the homeless mat idea. I just didn't have the space in my home that's required for this massive undertaking of all of it, on top of all of my other projects.

But today as I read my soon to be- in about 28 days- local newspaper and I find others are working hard at completing this (they have more patience than me!). I'm also happy to see I'm not the only one who noticed this project was a space hog. Look at this!


First of all, isn't she cute?! She is so cute!

But goodness, look at all the bags of bags you need to have to undertake this project.

It's inspiring for me to get back into this idea again, but I have to stop myself. This is not the time in my life to try to take this on when I'm trying to reduce all the waste in my life. 

*sigh* Why does motivation always come at the wrong times in life?

No comments:

Post a Comment