Friday, August 7, 2015

Pick of the Week- Duolingo


Wow, I actually remembered this! I may drop of shock. But not before I present my pick this week!

I have been using this website and App for about 5 months now to teach myself Spanish from Mexico. It is wonderful! The variety of ways it allows interaction allows for easy comprehension and does a great job with assisting memorizing. The only complaint I have is they don't explain word conjugation very well. Had I not taken a Spanish course in high school, I would be lost. It reminds me every day at 5pm if I haven't taken my daily lesson, which I always take thanks to the reminder. It allows for daily goal adjustments too. So when I go home in a few months, I can set my goal adjustment to non-existent and allow my streak of meeting my daily goal to continue even though I likely won't be using this program/ site during that time frame. 

I love how versatile it is with my cell phone and tablet!  I love that it allows to speak to check pronounciation. I also love the community assistance, so if you're confused by something you can ask and get clarification, if someone else hasn't already asked and gotten an answer for you.

Truly a top-of-the-field language learning program/ website, and best of all it's 100% FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment